The Results Are In!
Letter From the Editor
Here at Highlights for Children, we believe that listening is one of the greatest services we can do for children. In fact, we believe that—as grownups who work to make the world a better place for children—it is imperative that we do so. So in 2009 we began turning to our readers to ask their thoughts on topics important to their world in our annual State of the Kid™ survey. This year’s survey gives kids a national platform on which to share their feelings on parental distractions, school and extracurricular activities.
We are grateful that they have agreed to give us this glimpse into their lives. We hope you find their views as fascinating as we do.
Christine French CullyEditor in Chief, Highlights Magazine Download the 2014 Report (PDF)
In the News
- Huffington Post: The Only Time Of Day Kids Think Parents Will Put Down Their Cell Phones
- Columbus Dispatch: Is your smartphone turning your kid off?
- Parent Tool Kit: How Parents Can Help Children Deal with Stress
- VIDEO: EWTN News Nightly
- Washington Post: Many kids think parents are too distracted
- VIDEO: TODAY show discusses parental distractions and stress
- TODAY: Here's the biggest culprit in distracted parenting (according to kids)